Thursday, September 30, 2010

Which Teen Movie Teacher Are You?

Thursday, September 3, 2009 at 8:04pm

I took Classmates little quiz.

Here are my results:

"Mr. Keating | English teacher, Dead Poets Society
'I stand upon my desk to remind myself that we must constantly look at things in a different way,' you say in your first class. That's how you help teens grow wise.

"In Dead Poets Society, John Keating is a classic romantic. He inspires his students to appreciate poetry and literature, and to embrace carpe diem—to seize the life-shaping opportunities of youth. Though his unorthodox approach to instruction upsets his school's traditions, Keating has a profound effect on his students' lives."

I guess I can live with that! The standing on the desk thing. . . well, yeah. . . if you know me, you could really see that happening if there were a desk sturdy enough to stand on. I've done some pretty crazy things in class. I can only hope that I have a "profound effect" on my students' lives. I'm sure that I affect them--I just hope it's in a good way! ;)

No comments: