Thursday, September 30, 2010

Vaelyn's First Kiss

Thursday, September 10, 2009 at 6:00pm

Well, Vaelyn's already been kissed by a boy. She's been telling us that she has two boyfriends: Sean (Shawn?, Shaun?) and Shrimp. Turns out that "Shrimp's" name is really Trent. She's never heard that name before, but she has heard of shrimp, so she got his name wrong. He was the first boyfriend, and when she first came home saying that she had a boyfriend, she didn't know his name. Jayden told her that she had to know his name before she could marry him. Anyway, when Vaelyn told me about Shawn kissing her, she stopped for a second and matter-of-factly said, "He has cold ears." I told her maybe she might want to just not touch his ears. (WHAT have they been DOING?!!) Anyway, she has decided to wait until she's six to get married. Wow. That leaves me so much time for planning! ;)

She wrote Shawn a love note (scribble). She "read" it to me. The scribbles said: "Dear Shawn. Let's get married, but first we have to get rid of Trent." I can't remember anything after that because I think I was laughing so hard that I couldn't listen!!!

Vaelyn is so FULL of drama. She's throwing a fit now. You would think she's dying!!!! I'm getting really good at ignoring them. Sometimes when she throws a tantrum in the store, she'll tell us that she hates us, so I'll tell her she can shop for a new family if she likes, but she might want to behave a little better because all the good families are not going to want her if she acts like that. She always decides that she loves us after all. :) She, of course, knows that we would never leave her!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We have since found out that "Shrimp's" true name is Trent!