Thursday, September 30, 2010

Don't Worry! I Know How to Get My Toy Back

Tuesday, January 6, 2009 at 8:37pm

Jayden and Vaelyn were fussing (LOUDLY) over a toy in the back of the van today while I was driving home in the rain. I told them if they were going to keep fighting over the toy that I just might give it away to Nathan or Sam. That didn't bother Vaelyn in the least. Then I added "or Elianna." She replied, "Elianna's a girl," like that negated her chances of being the worthy recipient. I said, "So?" and Vaelyn countered that she couldn't marry Elianna because she is a girl. After about a second, I realized her train of thought: I'm going to marry Nathan or Sam anyway, so I'll still have my toy!

Now, how to explain that by the time she's old enough to marry, she'll no longer care about said toy!!

No comments: