Thursday, September 30, 2010

My Babies Are Growing Up!

Tuesday, June 30, 2009 at 10:03pm

Well, the night before last, Vaelyn threw her sleepy dance away. She started doing the sleepy dance while I was sitting on the side of her bed, and it shakes the whole bed, so I said something, and she picked it up and threw it away to give to a baby who needs it. She didn't do it again for the rest of the night--or the next night. Of course, this morning, she came and gave me a hug and crawled up next to me for a second and started a small version of the sleepy dance. I told her I thought she threw it away, and she told me that this was a new sleepy dance. It was, she said, taped to her bottom. She said something about her head and the sleepy dance was inside her. Then, she took this one and picked it up and threw it away too. She has also lost interest in Daddy Blankie. I don't even know where he is!!!

Tonight, Jayde wanted me to read Young Guinevere to him. I was reading along, and he said, "This story's not real." I told him he was right, and asked him how he knew. He told me that it had a unicorn in it. (It's kind of a different version of Guinevere!) I was so proud! It seems to me that I remember working with kids that age who wouldn't have been able to make that distinction!

All in all, I think we had a pretty good day today. I didn't get much of anything done, but the kids were pretty good today. Pretty calm too!

No comments: