Thursday, September 30, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

Saturday, February 14, 2009 at 3:36pm

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! For those of you who have not yet found that special someone, I do remember many a Valentine's Day alone, spent hating the commercialization of a holiday that focuses on all the "happy" little couples that are not you and your honey. Then, Phillip decided we were supposed to get married and persistently mentioned it over and over and over and over on a daily basis. After much time inquiring what he really wanted from me, I finally decided that anyone that just wanted me to "Let me love you and treat you like a queen" wasn't such a bad prospect. ;) Anyway, he's exactly the one, true person who is perfect for me (although he is not quite perfect), and if I can find someone this wonderful, you can too! But let me save you some heartache: just wait for the right one. It's not worth dating the wrong person just to keep from being alone!!! I wish now that I had spent a few more Valentine's Days alone, rather than dating someone who was not the right person.

To be honest, it really seemed like much time, but I suppose it wasn't much time because Phillip and I never dated each other, and after he decided we should marry, it was less than two months before we actually married. Our actual engagement was a whopping six days long. (That's not something that I would suggest for just anyone. It could turn out very badly!)

One more note: we had known each other for almost three years by this time, and we had been best friends for quite some time, so it's not like we just jumped into marriage with someone we had just met. The beautiful thing is that we both knew the REAL person we were marrying not some projection of what that person thought we wanted to see. :)

No comments: