Thursday, September 30, 2010

Someone Still Loves China

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 at 10:50pm

Vaelyn got a new toy tonight. Well, to be accurate, it was quite a few toys all in one box: toy food. She came to the kitchen with the "french fries", which she had pulled out of the fry holder and asked my what it said on them while I was cooking dinner. I looked at them and (BIG SURPRISE) it said "MADE IN CHINA." I read it to her, and she repeated it like that was the coolest thing. (That part TOTALLY loses something in translation! She's so dramatic that there is no way to portray her enthusiasm with anything less the video or actual witnessing of the moment!!) Anyway, then she asked me, "Did you go to China and buy this for me?" I, of course, had to reply, "No," with a smile. Then she asked, "Did you wear those shoes to China?" Of course, I told her no and reminded her that I didn't go to China. She sounded a little disappointed. A little while later, when Phillip came in from outside, she enthusiastically told him that her new toys were from China, and later, when she spoke to her granny on the phone for a minute, she had to tell her that she got new toys, and they were from China. Somewhere in the midst of all this, she or Jayden one asked if China was far away.

Anyway, you'd think that the toys were Olympic gold medals for all the enthusiasm she showed! :) Hey, and all for a measly $5. Oooh. . . and the best thing: it keeps her busy having picnics in the floor while I'm cooking! :) :) :)

No comments: